Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Seeing Jesus in a Donkey: Blessings and Curses

Now that I've got your attention please allow me to explain my blog post title....

I had the great privilege of giving the Sunday sermon at my home church yesterday from Numbers 22-24 which covered Balaam and his donkey (i.e. "ass"). Since I didn't have much time to prepare I recycled an old sermon that I have given a few times before at various churches. It's actually part sermon/part personal testimony of how God has taken some of the greatest "curses" in my life, like my wife's cancer, and transformed it into a myriad of incredible blessings and how this dynamic is true for all believers. So, if you are in a difficult place and find yourself questioning the goodness of God in the hardness of life - please take a listen and be reminded again of what the message of the gospel really is and what it means for you today and for your future. God is in control - even when we are not. God is good - even when we are not. God is always working for the good - even if we (or others) are not.

You can listen by using the embedded MP3 player below, or you can find the archived sermon HERE or MP3 link HERE, if you'd rather download the file into your iPod/iPhone and listen later.





I've also posted a few diagrams/pics I used in my powerpoint slides below because it is difficult to envision what I am speaking of via audio alone. I'd recommend not scrolling down and reviewing the diagrams and pics until you're about 25 minutes into the sermon. That is where I begin to tie everything together with the gospel and show you how can you see Jesus....even in an "ass".  =)

Lord bless.

Peter
 








2 comments:

  1. The blog with the best stuff is provoking the people to give the good remarks. strikingly

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was during my research on HIV/Herpes/Diabetes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes/diabetes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time and thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something ignorant though,I found it pretty interesting about Dr Itua herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes/diabetes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes/diabetes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv/diabetes so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes/diabetes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua cure Hiv,Herpes,Hepatitis,Diabetes, Neuromuscular Diseases Copd,Fibroid,Als, And Cancer. He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com www.drituaherbalcenter.com

    ReplyDelete