Monday, May 21, 2012

Kim's Cancer-Kicking SURPRISE Party

So last Saturday night we did it! We surprised Kim with a special party at Harvest Bible Chapel (Rolling Meadows) which included about 200 close friends and family and it was PERFECT. I thought she was on to me because I'm a horrible liar and left some inadvertent clues the last few weeks, but it turns out she had NO idea. Here is the video of her surprise entrance:
So a few weeks after we found out about our remission, I wanted to do something special for everyone (at least locally) that had been kind enough to serve us by feeding us, caring for us, sharing their own stories and verses from their respective trials with us, and faithfully praying for us in the midst of the greatest trial of our lives. What better way to do this than throw a big party? But most of all, I wanted the night to be about thanking the Lord, who ultimately healed my wife and who gave us life and gave His life - making all this possible. Thank you Jesus! I also sang a very special song that night after dinner, that I thought I'd share with you.
That wasn't it though. We got to see the Lord's faithfulness (and some funny moments) by walking through a slideshow history of Kim's life and we also got to hear some powerful testimonies from others about how God had used our cancer trial to move in their hearts and allowed them to "see more of Jesus". We ended everything with a video chronicling our journey (see below) and a great time of worship. A special thanks to everyone involved and all glory to God!

I'll try to get more video up on the blog soon - especially of the testimonies. There are so many of you out there that we wish could have joined us, and so these clips are my best attempt at doing that. We love you and thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.

In His Grace,

Peter & Kim

Oh give thanks to the LORD; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples! Sing to Him. Sing praise to Him. Tell of all His wondrous works." -Psalm 105:1-2

13 comments:

  1. Awesome! Elizabeth, Matthew, and I send our best and wish that we could have been there.

    - Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an AWESOME night Peter! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Cho family, I'm blinded by tears right now after watching that video...I, too, love Chick-fil-A! :) In all seriousness, what a journey, what a testimony! We are so sorry we couldn't make it Saturday but are so glad that Peter and helpers successfully pulled it off. Thanks for sharing these with us all. We love you guys. Can't wait to see the other videos. This was exactly what I needed on this Monday! Love and hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is amazing and His light is shining through this battle to countless people who are being affected by your story. Thank you again for your life and sharing it with us for our benefit.
    LOVE & hugs to your family :)
    Can not wait to see the rest...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We wish we could have been at the party, you did a great job! I really believe God brought Kim into my life last year so that I could partner with you in prayer through this journey. Thank you for sharing so openly and personally with us along the way. We have fallen in love with your blog, your family, and been inspired by your love for the Lord and each other. We thank God for your lives and your witness. You are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! Of course I am in tears right now having watched this, but in tears of joy. Caleb's journal entry gets me every time. God bless your family. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so glad to be there! I had such a great time and was absolutely blessed by the both of you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. simply amazing!

    i wish we could've been there to CELEBRATE with you guys!

    hope to see you in june! =)

    ~jean & charles~

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have laughed at Tim Hawkins' Chick-Fil-A song before as well, it was fun to hear you play it (and of course, how fitting for the evening, right?) It was a wonderful time of giving worship and praise to our awesome Abba, Father! Thanks for letting us all share in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't even begin to tell you how blessed I have been following this blog. Not only have I learned SO MUCH, but you guys have shown me what it looks like to truly trust in our great God for all things. Thank you so much, Kim and Peter, for helping me see Jesus in EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!! God bless your entire beautiful family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was so sad not to be there, but celebrated with you in spirit. Thank you for letting me and my family walk through this journey with you. Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish we could have made it out! It looks like it was so special! We have been so blessed through your testimony!

    ReplyDelete