Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Update on Kim - Tuesday, 1/10/12

Email Sent on Jan 10th

 Dear friends and family,

Sorry to disappoint but this is still Peter. Apparently, if you send too many mass emails Google will lock down your account and so I'm sending these out piecemeal from Kim's account. It made me realize how blessed we are to have so many praying. Due to the overwhelming response I'm going to try to send more frequent updates as many of you have been gracious enough to respond and I know many of you are requesting updates and specifics to better pray and so I'm happy to oblige.

HEALTH UPDATE
Kim has made a lot of progress since the last update. She was finally able to begin eating (soft foods) yesterday and hospital food has never tasted so good. She is even sitting up periodically now. In terms of the diagnosis nothing has really changed - the doctors are still waiting on the biopsy results which should start coming in very soon and over the next few days. There is a chance that may need to go in for more biopsies in and around the lymph nodes in the chest if they don't get the info they need. Please pray that this would not be necessary, especially as it is more invasive than the previous ones.

I know this may sound crazy but I still believe that the Lord may heal her totally and completely in a miraculous way. All the doctors are saying the "c" word but for the one who created the sun, moon and stars - this is small donuts. But even if He chooses not too, Kim and I are convinced, now more than ever, that the Lord has a plan in all of this and we are already seeing it unfold through the many testimonies that so many of you have already shared. Please pray with us in faith - for a miracle, and that He would find us faithful even if He chooses a different and more glorifying path.

KID UPDATE
The kids got to see mom for the first time yesterday night. We had put it off for so long because things kept coming up but we finally decided to do it. I was nervous because Kim was so out of it that 10 minutes before she couldn't even keep her head up straight because she felt nauseous. But sure enough, when the kids came in she was "mommy". I was told Selah learned the word "M" in pre-school. When the teacher asked what words start with "M", Selah declared, "Mommy!" and then promptly announced to everyone that her mommy was in the hospital. A badge of honor for her - apparently. We take all of this as a good sign and an answer to all of our and your prayers.

ENCOURAGEMENT
Kim and I spent most of last night and today reading through your many emails, encouragements, prayers and notes to us and have experienced nearly every emotion under the sun. We'd love to respond to each one of you personally but if we can't please see this email as a sincere "thank you". We were especially blessed by your heartfelt prayers, the verses that the Lord inspired you to share, hearing from beloved friends that we haven't connected with in a long time, and those who have walked through far greater trials. Even the recorded prayer meeting/conference call. You are all such a blessing to us and we are so thankful for each of you and all of your prayers.

A personal thing I wanted to share. Kim was doing so well last night that I slept at home. I didn't get to bed until 2am and planned on trying to sleep in a bit. I was awakened around 6:30am by a verse that I didn't even know the reference to - so I had to look it up...

"...but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail....”
-Luke 22:32

These words were spoken by Jesus to the apostle Peter. Kim and I have been overwhelmed by all the prayers from each of you but in that moment I sensed the Lord telling me that He himself was praying for us...and His prayers never fail. I am convinced we will get through this and our faith will be victorious but only because of the everlasting love and grace of Jesus to whom all of you are appealing.

I pray in the same way you would also find encouragement. We are all facing trials of different shapes and sizes, but Jesus is interceding on your behalf just as He is ours (Hebrews 7:25) and His prayers never fail.

In His grace,

Peter & Kim

1 comment:

  1. Peter, you couldn't have said it better:
    "Please pray with us in faith - for a miracle, and that He would find us faithful even if He chooses a different and more glorifying path"... Amen to that, brother. Amen to that.

    ReplyDelete